Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where has December Gone??

As I know it is for everyone, December has been an extremely busy month. I can't believe Christmas will be here in two days and I haven't posted one blog entry. We had a great Thanksgiving with Donnie's family and then after that it just seemed like I couldn't catch up and get things ready. But, just as they do every year, everything gets done.

We started the month off by going to a parade here in Lakeland. It was freezing, but the boys really enjoyed it. They loved having candy thrown at them and seeing Santa at the end. Of course, I have no pictures of it since I forgot my camera. Donnie also took the boys to Bass Pro Shop every weekend because they had a Santa workshop and made a different, really cute craft each weekend. They also got to sit on Santa's lap and get a free picture!

We attended a few parties, baked cookies, made candy houses, and the boys helped me decorate the house. My mom and dad also came last week which was really nice. We finished our last minute shopping and just spent some quality time together. Tonight we are going to ride around and drink hot chocolate and look at Christmas lights. I LOVE Christmas, but it seems to get here faster and faster every year!! I sent out the last of my Christmas cards yesterday--nothing like last minute!

Here are a few pictures of some things we've done. Hopefully I will get a few good ones Christmas morning!

This was the beginning of the candy house party. A little girl in Ethan's class invited us over to do this and it was a lot of fun!!


Their finished projects!

This was from Breakfast with Santa at our church.

Carter at a get together with my mom's group












Ethan wearing his elf hat his teacher gave him. This was during his class Christmas party on Friday.















From our visit with my mom and dad.

No comments: