Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kindergarten Pow Wow and Feast

Yesterday Ethan's class had such a fun day at school being Indians!! A couple of weeks ago, a letter came home from Ethan's teacher asking us all to come up with an Indian name for our child that goes along with their personality. Since I don't have a creative bone in my body, I immediately called my sister. Without even thinking, she said "Deep Thinker." Then she rattled off several more, but we both agreed that Deep Thinker describes Ethan to a 'T'. Earlier in the week, they all decorated their Indian t-shirts and their Indian names were on them. They also earned feathers during the week for good behavior. Friday morning I got to go in to his school with him for some Pow Wow activities. We made Indian bracelets and necklaces and some other fun crafts (but I forgot my camera in the morning). I went home to have lunch and prepare my food for the afternoon feast.

The feast was incredible! One of the moms cooked a turkey, and we all brought something in. Along with turkey there was homemade dressing, corn, green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. Everything was delicious!! Most of the moms dressed in black and white to resemble pilgrims and the kids looked adorable dressed as Indians! Ethan was so excited at the end of the day telling me that they didn't do any work at all that day!!

All 9 kindergarten classes ate out in the hall! It truly looked like the first Thanksgiving with all those Indians!!

Doesn't Ethan look thrilled to be at the end of the table and surrounded by girls?

Here he is looking thrilled again to be getting a hug from his brother!

All the Pilgrims and Indians!

5 comments:

The Rogerson's said...

Deep thinker matches Ethan well but thats a lame indian name. Sorry to say this but, im pretty sure Maga came up with it. No props there.

The Rogerson's said...

Why is Carter in a browns jersie? Disapointing...I cant even find it in me to capitalize "browns".

The Rogerson's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rogerson's said...

Maybe it was my mom...no I swear it was Maga...what ev's.

Amy said...

The feast looks so cool! That room mom must be awesome!