Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Surprise!!


My dad turned 60 on Jan. 18 and I wanted to do something special for him. After talking to my sister, we thought it would be really fun if I could fly home and surprise him on his birthday. My brother and sister were going to drive home, but there was no big party planned and my dad said he just wanted to spend the weekend with his family. The weekend fell on MLK day, so it was a perfect weekend to plan something. Donnie said he would watch the boys over the weekend and would also take Monday off. So my sister and brother-in-law told my mom and dad the were going to go to Ikea Saturday morning, but instead they picked me up at the airport. When we got home, I went around back, and waited for Chrisi to come down and let me in the basement. I then hid in a lawn and leaf garbage bag and they told my dad to play 'Hot, Cold' to search for his present. When he got to the bag, they said "hot" and he touched my head but had no idea what was going on. Then I pulled the bag off me and I wish I had a picture of his face, because he was completely and totally surprised. He just kept hugging me and asked how I got there!! I believe he even got a little teary eyed!! I am so glad we were able to pull it off and I'm so thankful I was able to make that trip happen!

3 comments:

Denver said...

Totally suprised is an understatement. It was one of the biggest surprises in your dad's liftime. Thanks for making it happen.

The Rogerson's said...

I was glad i was there for that Pap-pap. I am so happy that we made you so ubelievably overjoyed

Much Love,
-The Coolest
(just guess)
P.S. See that sexy hand? Its mine. Oh yeeah

Regina said...

How fun! Sounds like your family had a great time with that surprise and looks like your dad did too!