Sunday, September 21, 2008

Community Helper

Ethan has been learning about community helpers at school. So on Friday, he had to pick a community helper he wanted to be and dress up like them. When I asked Ethan who he wanted to dress up as, I thought for sure he'd say a policeman. No... A fireman? No... A doctor? No... So I asked him and he told me he wanted to be a builder. Here is a picture of him Friday morning before going to school. He thought he looked tough as nails (no pun intended). Beaming as he walked into school, several teachers stopped him and commented on his outfit. He gets so proud. I love this age where kids are not fully aware of what's cool and what's not!! He told me a lot of kids loved his outfit and noone else was a builder in his class. He also liked singing the song, "Efie the Builder" to the tune of "Bob the Builder"!!

2 comments:

Denver said...

What can I say about this picture?? Looks like he could go help out Tim the Toolman any day.

The Rogerson's said...

Nice outfit! I'm sure you're gonna have plenty of long term friends!


-Hunter
(wishes he wasn't lying)