Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ethan is SIX!!

Ethan has looked forward to this day for, well probably the last 364 days!!! But for the last 3 weeks, it's really been all he's talked about. We've been to Toys 'R Us, Kohl's, Wal-Mart, and Target and have a jam packed two page list of stuff that he wants for his birthday. He has talked about and planned what he wants at his party, in the goody bags, you name it, I'm sure he's thought about it!

Usually I have to wake him up for school, but not today! He came running down the stairs saying something about his birthday, but don't worry, he informed me the night before that I had to sing him happy birthday as soon as he got up! Carter was already up, so of course we both sang to him. We knew we better follow through with all the plans Efie had! After singing, he wanted to open my present to him. I told him to go out in the living room, and as he was walking away I heard him say, "Wow-I'm really six!!" He also said that before he came down, he was looking at himself in the mirror and thought he looked bigger. When he opened my present, he just started screaming and shaking!! I got him a complete Darth Vader outfit and he was so surprised. He even got tears in his eyes he was so happy!! His reaction was priceless, and of course I don't have it on film! However, I think I will remember it always! He kept thanking me and asking how I knew that's what he wanted.

On his way to school he told me he gets to be the boss of his class. The only thing he wasn't allowed to do was ask someone else to do his work. He loves to be the boss so this was right up his alley. I dropped him off, and as I glanced back at him walking in, he just had an incredible smile on his face!! (When he got home, he told me he decided he didn't want to be the boss at school. Oh how I wish that was the same here at home!)

Carter and I went to his school to have lunch with him. He was proudly wearing his birthday crown. I got him a McDonalds Happy Meal and brought cupcakes and cookies for his class. It was so cute to see him interacting with his class-he had a perma-smile on his face when he gave them each a cupcake.

When he got home, he put on his Darth Vader costume and ran up to his room. That is because he told me earlier to put any presents he gets in the mail up in his room. And of course I obeyed!! He opened them all up and was overly excited about everything. He played for a little, but then it was time for soccer practice. We had enough cupcakes and cookies left over, so I took them to practice and after it was over his team sang happy birthday and then ate their treats. I don't think Efie could've planned it any better himself! When we got home, Donnie gave him his presents, which I will write about later. I forgot to get pictures, so I will do that and write again tomorrow. If you know Donnie, I'm sure you can get some ideas as to what his presents dealt with! I also rented a Star Wars movie, but there was not time to watch that today. Luckily, we get to keep it until Sunday.

It was a fun-filled day and I think it all turned out how Ethan hoped it would. But I'm sure he'll be thinking about birthday #7 tomorrow morning!!!

Darth Vader!!

Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa Darell, Kissy, Jamie, Hunter, Chase, and Theron, and Maga and Pap-Pap. He got Hulk Walkie-Talkies last week from Jack, Kristen, Gracie, and Emmie Juice

He got Kung Fu Panda and Scooby Doo Characters, Mystery Machine, Darth Vader, C3PO, his own Geoboard (b/c he loved playing with one on his first day of school), and a Spongebob stuffed animal

Efie saying "I love all my presents!"

2 comments:

Denver said...

Man, there are no words to describe the happiness on Efie's face while he is opening up his presents. I'm glad you had a great birthday, Efie Davis. And may you, of all people, have many more.

The Rogerson's said...

Don't underestimate the force!
6 BIG YEARS.
What kind of present doesn't Efie like as long as it's his.
I sure hope you measured Efie's mouth when he opened his presents because you might never see an opened mouth that big until some cross breeds a hippo and a whale shark. God help him. Dentists everywhere might need to step it up a notch.