Thursday, August 7, 2008

Halloween in August

After reading my entry from earlier this week, my dad decided to send Ethan and Carter a little surprise in the mail. This was one of those ideas that my dad was so excited for...because he lives about 12 hours away!!! He loves how Carter really believes he is the Hulk, so he thought it might be fun to see what they both would do if they really looked like the Hulk. So he sent them each their own container of green body paint! I believe it goes without saying what their reaction was like. But somehow I convinced them to wait until later to put it on.

We waited until Donnie called to say he was on his way home. That usually takes about 30 minutes which would be just about the right amount of time to turn two sweet little boys into two angry hulks. They hid behind the house and when Donnie drove up, they ran out to scare him. Then they wanted to go across the street and show our neighbors. Erin is 13 years old and watches them occasionally. Well, her mom came out first and made the unfortunate mistake of calling them Jolly Green Giants. This didn't go over so well with Carter. He corrected her and then growled as if to tell her she better never make that mistake again!

This is definitely one of those surprises that are a lot of fun if you are several hours away! You just get to sit back and wait for the pictures...so here they are!

THANKS DAD!!!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

OMG! How hilarious! They have the best grandpa ever!!!!!!! (I can say that b/c my tub isn't green from little boys!)

The Rogerson's said...

I hope your tub is ruined
-Hunter

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

i had to follow you through amy's journal!!! now you're BOOKMARKED!!

this is hysterical!!!!!!!

i have to admit, though, that my high school boyfriend's mom told me a story where, when her son was a boy, he would come up to her and growl and say, "I'M GONNA TURN GREEEEEN!" and bear down with clenched teeth and fists with such intensity, that his face would become beet red, and his veins would begin to show!!! he truly believed he could do it the "natural way." hahahaha!!!

i have to admit, though, the bathtub shot scared me. LOL!

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

could i use "i have to admit, though" ANY MORE?!

geez!!!

Regina said...

Lori, just found your blog through Amy. That is laugh out loud funny!!!! Those will be great blackmail photos one day! Like Nic, I'm bookmarking ya!