Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Incredible Hulk(s)

I wanted to create a blog for all of my family and friends who live so far away so that they could feel a little closer to my two boys. I also wanted to have a place to remember all the funny things they say and do. They grow up so fast and I don't have a great memory. Some of my friends have their own blogs and I really enjoy reading them, so I decided to create my own.

For the last three weeks, I haven't been able to keep a shirt on Carter. He will go hide in the bathroom, lock the door, rip his shirt off, and then come out totally believing that he is the Hulk. When this happens, he is no longer able to talk--he just growls, stomps around, and goes after the bad guys. Luckily for me, I'm his girlfriend!!! I had to cut a pair of sweats last week to make them look like the Hulk's shorts.

I was out shopping last night, and imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon some Hulk slippers that look like the Hulk's feet! I immediately grabbed two pair (Ethan also pretends to be the Hulk, but not to the degree Carter does). As the cashier was ringing me up, he said, "You do know that if you stomp around when wearing these, they roar!" Noooooo, I didn't know that, but at that moment my purchase just got 50 times better. Don't you just love when you find the perfect gift?? I was so excited to give them to him, but when I got home he was already asleep. As soon as he got up this morning, I told him I had something for him I thought he would like. I don't think he knew what to do when he saw them. He just smiled a huge smile and wanted them on. He already had his shirt off since he has been sleeping shirtless for the last several weeks...b/c remember he is the Hulk!! He immediately ran into my bedroom to get the bad guy (Daddy) who was still sleeping. Needless to say they have been on his feet all day except for the one hour we were in church!























3 comments:

Denver said...

I liked the video and the pictures, they really like the Hulk and Carter I think really thinks he turns into the Hulk and Efie is not far behind but he has to wipe off the crazy grin to really get into character.

Denver said...

What can I say, I loved it, especially the video of Carter being the hulk and Efie roaring. What can I say?????

The Rogerson's said...

Wow Carter You are soooo TOUGH.
Please someone tell what is with Ethan's face at the very end? Please tell me.
-Love
Hunter