Friday, August 15, 2008

"P" Party

Today the boys and I went over to a friend's house where we had a "P" party. We thought this would be a great way to end the summer since Ethan and his friend Bryce start kindergarten full time next week. We started the day off by having Pancakes for breakfast, and then we headed over to Bryce's house and the boys just kept their Pajamas on. The first thing they wanted to do was watch a movie, so we got some Pillows, opened up their sleeping bags, Popped some Popcorn, and watched a little bit of "All Dogs (Puppies) go to Heaven", but after about 30 minutes, they wanted to Play.

Next up was Pizza and Pop for lunch followed by Puppy dog cakes and jello jigglers cut out in the shape of Ps for dessert. After lunch they each Painted magnets, and then we played some games for Prizes. There was Pin the tail on the Pig, hot Potato, and Parachute man races. Some of the prizes were Pokemon cards, Plane launchers, Puzzles, and Push Pops. After this came the Pinata!!

We ended by having Popsicles, Punch, and Pretzels. On the 10 minute ride home, Carter was Pooped and fell asleep which he hardly ever does anymore. In a word, the day was...Perfect!


Painting magnets





Pirate Pinata

Party Poppers

Playing Hot Potato

Pinning the tail on the Pig (my friend Bonnie drew the pig, but I don't think I could've done much better!) However, Ethan walked by and said to Bonnie, "Wow, you're a good artist!" Poor boy has me for a mom and has learned to not expect much when it comes to artistic talent! Thankfully he is easily impressed and is usually happy with whatever I come up with!

Carter dropping his Parachute man

4 comments:

The Rogerson's said...

I think WE already knew you suck at drawing. I only wish your clidren did as well.

The Rogerson's said...

Oh by the way that last comment was by me of course HUNTER THE GREAT!!!!

hooter haught said...

I had a "P" party once. I won't go into the details.

Denver said...

I guess everyone would like to have a P party. It looks like it was a lot of fun.