Monday, August 4, 2008

Tricking the Tooth Fairy

For those of you who know Ethan well enough know that he loves getting new toys. I know this is true for all kids, but Ethan tries to figure out new ways to get stuff. The most recent example I have of this happened last week. He had a loose tooth (he has already lost two), but it wasn't quite ready to be pulled yet. I was downstairs doing something when he came running down the stairs telling me that he pulled his own tooth out. I just looked at him and he said, "OK, I can't lie. I didn't pull my tooth out, but maybe I can still put this under my pillow tonight and the tooth fairy will leave me something." He then handed me a white crayon that he broke and he had colored the tip of it red so it would look like blood. I couldn't stop laughing, and told him he could put in under his pillow and see what happens.

At 5:30 the next morning he came running into my bedroom and said that the tooth fairy didn't leave him a toy or money, but just left him a letter. I asked him what the letter said and he replied, "I don't know. Probably that I didn't fool her!" Well two nights later, he lost his third tooth and was very excited to get $2.00. And much to my surprise, he gave Carter $1 b/c he said it wasn't fair if we went to the store and only he got a toy. So later that day, we went to Toys 'R Us, and Carter got a Hulk toy and Efie got a Piplup stuffed animal from Pokemon. Unfortunately the tooth fairy didn't leave enough money to cover the cost, but I felt that Efie definitely earned it!!

I know that he will be 6 years old next month, but he seems to be growing up too fast. He has three more loose teeth right now, and the loosest one is one of his big top teeth. As my sister has already pointed out, that's going to look sweet for kindergarten pictures!!!













Ethan and his new toy, Piplup

2 comments:

Denver said...

I knew about this story, but it still amazes me what Ethan can come up with. Hi Efie Davis!!!!

The Rogerson's said...

Nice going Efie! I don't even think i would have thought of that but then again im no Efie Davis.
-Love
Hunter
(is awesome)